Tea and coffee
Describe a person you wanted to be similar to when you were growing up
Describe a time you taught something new to a younger person
Describe a subject you used to dislike but now have interest in
Describe your grandparent’s job
Describe an ideal house
Describe a kind offood people eat during a special event
Describe a time you received horrible service
Describe an old person who is interesting
Describe something you do to help you study or work
Describe an item you bought but do not often use
Describe a historical period you would like to know
Describe abeautiful city
Describe a game you played in your childhood
Describe something you complained about but satisfied with the result
Describe an interesting lecture or talk
Describe a person you know who protects the environment
Describe a time when a piece of equipment was broken (such as TV)
Describe a time that you looked for information from the Internet
Describe a time you enjoyed your free time
Describe a healthy lifestyle you know
Describe an outdoor sport you played for the first time
Describe someone you would like to study or work with you
Describe a success your friend has achieved
Describe a person you have seen who is beautiful or handsome
Describe an intelligent person you know
Describe a time that someone didn’t tell you the whole truth about something
Describe a book you want to write
Describe a newly built public facility (such as parks, cinemas etc.) that influences your city
Describe a piece of good news you heard (from TV or the Internet
Describea present you received which was made by hand
1. Some people think that schools should stop teaching students by using books, because students find them boring and that children can learn from films, TV, video games and computer instead. To what extent do you agree?
2. Some people say that children should go to school as young as possible, while others believe that children should go to school of at least 7 years old. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Some people believe that the purpose of education is to prepare people to be useful members for society. Others say that the purpose of education is to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both views and give your ownopinion.
4. Some people think that teachers should be responsible for teaching students to judge what is right and wrong so that they can behave well. Others say that teachers should only teach students academic subjects. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
1. Some people think that young people are not suitable for important positions in the government, while other peoplethink it is a good idea for young people to take on these positions. Discuss both views and give your ownopinion.
2. An increasing number of people choose to change their jobs and residential places several times in their life. Is this positive or negative?
3. Some people believe young people should be free to choose his or her job, but others think they should be realistic andthink about their future. Discuss and give your opinion.
1. It is more important for a building to serve a purpose than to look beautiful. Architects shouldn’t worry about producing building as a work of art. Do you agree or disagree?
1. Many people think cheap air travel should be encouraged because it gives ordinary people freedom to travel further. However, others think this leads to environmental problem, so air travel should be more expensive in order to discourage people from having it. Discuss the both sides and give your own opinion.
2. In most cities and towns, the high volumes of road traffic have become a problem. What are the causes and what actions could be taken to solve the problem?
1. Nowadays,we rely on news for our knowledge, but we are uncertain about the truth of these news. Should we believe journalists? What qualities should a good journalist or correspondent have?
2. Some people think newspapers are the best way to read news, while others think it’s more effective to use othermedia. Discuss both views andgive your opinion.
3. Some people say that advertising has positive economic effect, while others think it has negative social effect. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
1. Many countries invest a lot of money to prepare competitors to join top competitions like Olympic Game and the World Cup. It is better to spend money on encouraging children to take up sports. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
2. The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television in order to decrease the violent crimes in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people think that environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Others, however, believe that the problems cannot be solved if individuals do not take actions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4. Some people think governments should spend more money on public services rather than waste money on arts (music,printing, etc.). To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people say the government should pay for the health care and education, but others say that it is not the government’s responsibility. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
1. In some countries the wide spread use of internet has given people more freedom to work or study at home instead of travelling to work or college. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
1. More and more people want to buy famousbrands with clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
本次預測共20題， 其中有10道是雙邊討論類題目， 8道議論文題(當中媒體廣告類第一題是開放型的議論文題)， 1道報告文題(消費類第一題)
建議烤鴨們最好能把每道題都列個提綱， 如果時間充裕最好能夠都寫一遍。 這里提供一下本期重點預測的雙邊討論類作文的文章結構
注意：A觀點不合理的理由往往就是B觀點合理的理由， 反之亦然， 因此為了重復論述， 段落中只需要說明兩個觀點合理的理由和論據即可。
2. Some people say that children should goto school as young as possible, while others believe that children should go toschool of at least 7 years old. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
不難看出， 題目中兩個觀點所爭執的核心便是“兒童應該何時入學”這個問題。 因此， 首段可以這樣寫： There is a heated debate about whether children should start theirschooling before 7 years old. 首段便無需再贅言。
參考理由： 讓兒童為將來的學習和工作做好準備(prepare childrenbetter for their future study and work)
參考論據： 兒童有更多的時間學習知識(knowledge)和技能(skills)，如語言， 數學， 等。 越早培養兒童的語言能力(languageability)和數學能力， 他們以后學習就越輕松， 因為牢固的知識基礎會令獲取新知識變得更容易(asolid knowledge base makes it easier to gain new knowledge)。另外， 低齡段的兒童的可塑性(plasticity)非常高， 受到環境的影響很大(greatly influencedby the environment)。 因此早一點上學， 接觸正能量的校園(positive campus)，包括老師， 同學等， 能讓孩子早點養成好的學習習慣如記筆記和保持專注(form outstanding studyhabits such as note-taking and keeping concentrated).
參考理由1： 父母可以在孩子的童年階段陪伴孩子更多(accompany with their children more in their childhood)， 有益于(benefit)他們的心理健康(mental health)和成長(growth)。 同時， 被父母陪伴更多的孩子(children who receivemore companionship from their parents)擁有更穩定的心理結構(stablemind)， 這會幫助他們建立良好的人際關系在入學后(which will help them buildup healthy interpersonal relationships when they start schooling)。
參考理由2: 另外，有研究表明過早開發兒童的智力(developing children’sintelligence)以及承受學習壓力(bearing study pressure) 不利于(detrimental to) 兒童的創造力的發展(development ofchildren’s creativity)。這類型的研究聲稱(claim)7歲以前的兒童應該用時間(spend time)體驗大自然(experience the nature)和沉浸藝術(immerse in art)，而不是承受記憶的枯燥(suffer from the boredom of memorizing), 更不應該終日囿于教室里(be constrained in classrooms)。